Why are data breaches escalating?
Could it be that this problem threatening business and consumers alike is directly related to service auditors and security assessors are still using the same audit and assessment tools again this year? Data breaches are escalating and the technology your service provider is using and the way they conduct assessments may be the problem.
Traditional audit and assessment sampling rates are up to 15% of the total population of available evidence and artifacts. This leaves an 85% margin of error! Imagine of you lost 85% of your vision. How well would you be able to see the world around you?
ITAM enables a sampling rate of 100% through advance automation and proactive assessment capabilities giving you and your assessors perfect 20/20 visibility into your organization. You will spot the problems before cyber criminals do.
Traditional audit and assessment tools involve the square peg in a round hole adaptation of a simple spreadsheet. There are huge implications and opportunities for the breakdown of cyber security, audit and compliance assessment efforts simply due to the technical limitations of a spreadsheet. Adding insult to injury is that, due to this antiquated approach, it is impossible to document audit and assessment responses in a meaningful way.
ITAM has Big Data capabilities engineered into it with unlimited assessment field and 100% SQL table usage maximizing your ability to manage assessment information and meaningful responses. Check out exactly what the technical limits are on that spreadsheet.
When an estimated 96% of all data breach potential is eliminated by simple and intermediate controls. The identification and examination of these requires an approach that is well established in best practice proactive methodologies; that is considering the big picture and not a paltry 15%; that provides an active roadmap and gets you to the successful destination regardless of your level of expertise; and does not break the bank.
The IT Audit Machine provides all of these advantages and so much more in an extremely affordable package any organization can afford and avoid being on the next industry report of data breaches. When 60% of SMB’s are out of business within 6 months of a data breach, why risk your company, livelihood and reputation?