Cybervisors to the rescue!
For many businesses today, the severe lack of a skilled Cybersecurity workforce is becoming clearly evident on a daily basis. Just consider some of these statistics:
- 45% of organizations report that they do not have an adequate IT security staff in order to ensure 24 × 7 × 365 monitoring;
- 54% of business entities claim that they do not have an adequate Cybersecurity skill set for their size;
- 57% of entities, even claim that they do not have enough Cybersecurity workers to fully man their Security Operations Centers (SOCs).
It should be noted that the Cybersecurity workforce shortage is a global trend that is occurring not just here in the United States, but on a global basis as well. This is illustrated in the diagram below:
At the present time, there are some 3 million unfilled jobs in Cybersecurity. But it is not just the average worker that is hard to find. It is even more difficult to find a CISO, and even more importantly, have him or her stay in their tenure for a particular business for a long time to come. For instance:
- The average “tour of duty” for a CISO is just a mere 18-24 months, and in most instances, is even shorter than that;
- 38% of CISOs will change their jobs if they
are offereda much higher salary at a different organization;
- 36% of CISOs will leave their current place of employment if they feel that their place of employment does not emphasize and place enough value on Cybersecurity;
- 34% of CISOs will leave their current roles if they don’t receive enough budget for Cybersecurity;
- 31% of CISOs will abandon ship if they feel that their ideas and strategies are not being taken seriously by the other members of the C-Suite.
So based upon these statistics, the big question
What Is A
“It is an outsourced security expert who can set up and lead strategic security initiatives
So, as you can see, a
Some key differences between the
vCISOis much more affordable. You will not have to pay an exorbitant salary and benefits, such as medical insurance and vacation time.
vCISOwill not leave you, unless you fire them for whatever reason. They will stay with you for the duration for as long as you need them.
- Because the
vCISOis an outsourced, third party entity, he or she can offer you expert, and unbiased views of what they think you need to get done in terms of launching your Cybersecurity initiatives. For example, this could be the procurement and deployment of brand-new Artificial Intelligence tools all the way on how to craft your Security Policies and Disaster Recovery/Incident Response Plans.
- Typically, most organizations hire only one in house CISO. Because of this, he or she is shouldered in assuming all the Cybersecurity responsibilities, which in turn, leads to the huge turnover rate. But by using a
vCISO, your outsourced entity will already be networked to other resources that can be called upon if necessary, in order to address all of your Cybersecurity needs.
The Benefits Of The
There are a number of key benefits that
Off the shelf expertise and knowledge:
If an organization were to hire a CISO as a regular employee, there is a long period of time that is spent in getting that individual acclimated to not only your company culture, but also in understanding the security needs of the business, as well as formulating and implementing the right plans, processes and procedures. This can usually take anywhere from 6 months to even as long as a year. But with a
High levels of cost effectiveness:
The typical salary for a direct hire CISO is on average is almost 268,000 on an annual basis. Keep in mind that this does not even include benefits, bonuses, or other perks. Typically, it is really only the Fortune 500 companies that even have the budget to pay such a huge salary. This is without a doubt a huge and unthinkable expense for an SMB. But by making use of a
When a business attempts to hire a full time CISO, a lot of resources are spent on interviewing candidates and conducting background checks until the right candidate is found. This can take a very long time, and in the world of Cybersecurity, time is not a luxury. But making use of a
They can work quickly with your IT Security Team:
Once you bring on a
Expert advice is available:
When you hire a full time CISO, more than likely over the course of their tenure, he or she will be bogged down by the corporate politics and bureaucracies that transpire within the organization. This can become a bottleneck for the CISO in getting the support and buy in from the other members of the C-Suite and even the Board of Directors in order to fully implement their goals and objectives. But, keep in mind that a
The cyber security experts at Lazarus Alliance have deep knowledge of the cyber security field, are continually monitoring the latest information security threats, and are committed to protecting organizations of all sizes from security breaches. Our full-service vulnerability testing services will help protect your organization from data breaches, ransomware attacks, and other cyber threats.
Lazarus Alliance is proactive cyber security®. Call 1-888-896-7580 to discuss your organization’s cyber security needs and find out how we can help your organization adhere to cyber security regulations, maintain compliance, and secure your systems.